Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Opportunities to Stretch

Today I was thinking back over the past year.  Bumps, dips, high points (and there have been many) & low points (we've also had some of those).  I realized the our highs and our lows give us opportunities to stretch and grow.  So today I am grateful for opportunities to stretch. When we stretch our bodies, it allows us to do greater things - kick higher, run faster, be more limber.  When we stretch our spirits, our ability and our testimonies, we are also able to do greater things.
In some of my greatest hours, I found myself thinking, "This is awesome.  What can I do to repeat this feeling?" S-T-R-E-T-C-H  "They were wonderful enough help me.  Who can I help?" S-T-R-E-T-C-H  "That was amazing.  What can I learn?" S-T-R-E-T-C-H
The same was true in my darkest hours. I was forced to think, "Money is running out, How can I cut back?" S-T-R-E-T-C-H "I am offended, but does that make what I believe in any less true?" A PAINFUL S-T-R-E-T-C-H!
We are put on this earth to grow and prove what we can do.  If we never get out of our comfort zone and stretch a little, We can't progress towards our goal of living with our Father in Heaven again.
Photobucket

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help