Happy Birthday Tanner
On August 3rd my little Tann turned 14. I know it is cliche to say that "time flies", but WOW....does it ever! I am proud of Tanner. He is a great kid, growing into a great young man. He loves anything to do with airplanes and military history. He has a fantastic imagination and a great laugh. Along with a never ending appetite....It is really never-ending and quite impressive until you realize that he just downed a big part of the week's groceries.
Tanner just started football recently and played lacrosse last spring. He really enjoys both and works really hard. They call him Diesel in lacrosse because you don't want to be in front of him when he's coming through. He's tough, but I can always tell which one is Tanner on the field. He is the one helping his teammates up from the ground and making sure they are ok. He has a huge kind heart and an amazing loyalty to team and family.
I asked Tanner what kind of cake he wanted. He said he wanted an evil monkey with a flame thrower. I tried...although it looks more like a grizzly bear. I was at a loss as to the flame thrower, so we just filled the monkey's hands with candles (i.e. he could throw the flames....get it?) It was fun to make and he seemed tickled by it. The head was made of Rice Krispies and the rest is made of cake....and yes, it was gone by the end of the next day.





0 comments:
Post a Comment