Saturday, August 21, 2010

A deacon, 2 teachers and an Elder walk into a room....

It happened!  I no longer have any kids in primary...my baby turned twelve and now I have a deacon, a teacher, and in October, I will have a priest.  It really is hard for me to comprehend.  The Bishop told them to be at sacrament meeting early because he would be calling them up to the pulpit for sustaining.  And although we thought we would be late, we actually got their a little early...which was a wonder in itself.  I was worried that I would totally lose it when they called my little baby up to sustain him a deacon.  And it was a double whammy because right after he left the stand, they called Tanner up to be sustained as a teacher.  I had to gulp pretty hard to keep that lump in my throat down.  No tears overflowed, but the eyes certainly filled.
Trevor was super excited to be ordained a deacon.  Unfortunately, Timm was super sick that day.  The Bishop told him to go home and we would sustain them the next week.  So we did.  On Sunday, the 15th, First we all squished in with the Deacons and my youngest son received the Aaronic priesthood.  It was wonderful to see.  I know he will be a faithful servant and a good example to those around him.  He is very much looking forward to passing the sacrament.
From there, we all moved to the room next door and as we again squished in, this time with the Teachers, Tanner was ordained to the office of a Teacher.  As Tanner shook hands with all those in the circle and gave his mom a hug, the Bishop spoke of having all three brothers in the Young Men and how we would soon have one in each quorum.  They are growing so fast and I pray CONSTANTLY that they can be faithful good young men of integrity and that all-to-soon (for me at least) they can serve missions.  
When we were finished in the Teacher's room, The Bishop, Mike Gurr and Steve Brandon took Timm and I into the clerks office and administered to him, giving him a blessing to heal quickly and have the strength to lead our family in the way we should go.  It was such an amazing blessing, given by 3 very amazing men.  I have such a great love and respect for our Bishop and his counselors.  They are truly men of God, who exemplify their callings with a Christ-like love.  We are so blessed and grateful to have such wonderful priesthood leaders who care for our family and are such strong examples to our boys.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Mrs. KIR said...

Tracy--sometimes it is so hard being out here--away from the mormon-ness of the west. This post brought tears to my eyes as I realized how much I miss talking with friends about churchy stuff that means so much to us moms. THANK YOU! and congrats on being a mom to examples for us all!!

Summers said...

You should be proud!! You are such a wonderful example to all of them!! I am proud to have such 3 outstanding boys as my lil rug rat nephews!!! Love you all!!

My favorite Site for Primary Help