Monday the big day finally arrived - and guess what. I was fine with
it. I had so many fun messages and calls from people wishing me a
happy birthday. It was wonderful.
At noon, my cute friend Candi
picked me up to take me to lunch. She had decorated my door in
wrapping paper. (She had actually done it at 5:30 am, but this was the
first time I was going outside to see it.)
Cute Candi and Tracy took me to Red Robin for my birthday lunch. They even got the waiters to sing a birthday song to me.
I got a text from my friend Ginger saying she had something to drop off for me around 4:30. When the door bell rang, she, Tracy, and Shelley jumped out and said, "we're kidnapping you. put on some closed toed shoes and let's go." I had no idea where they were taking me, but we ended up here... At Speed Street go cart racing.
Candi met us there. We all fitted ourselves with helmets and looked super professional!
Shelly, Ginger, Tracy, Traci and Candi
Here are cute Tracy and Ginger
Tracy really rocked a helmet!
I felt a little bad for the poor guy we asked to take pictures of us. I don't think he knew what he was getting in to. :)
Tracy and Shelley ready to roll.
Me and Ginger looking tough.
I may or may not (May) have lapped a couple people with my speed demon ways! It was so much fun. What can I say, I may be 40, but I am still fast and furious!
Thanks cute ladies for making my day so special. You are truly wonderful friends and amazing women. I am so glad to know you all.
After our Nascar experience and some Cold Stone ice cream, I came home to have a little celebration with my fellas.
We had some cake and they sang. It was a good day!



0 comments:
Post a Comment