Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Pre-birthday Celebration

My birthday celebrations were in abundance this year.  They started on 7/6 with the party thrown by the Williams.  On Saturday, 7/7, Timm and I celebrated. 
 He took me to dinner at the Melting Pot.  It was our first time there.  and probably our last time there.  A fun experience, but way overpriced for what it was.
 We had Cheese fondue - it was mediocre - had a bad after taste
Then we had a salad course.  They were very good.  Then we had the meat course.  Having never been there before, I was surprised by what it entailed.  They brought out a pot of oil and put it on the burner in the middle of the table.  They they brought out this platter of seasoned raw meats (shrimp, beef, chicken and pork) and a bowl of raw veggies.  Then they set two bowls of batter and 5 sauces on the table and began giving us cooking times and rules like "don't use your fork to touch raw meat." "do not put any raw meat on your plate", etc.  There was a lot to remember.  In fact the waiter wrote down the cook times for us.  So then we got out our phones to time our cooking and got to work.  It was good, but a lot of effort for going out to eat.
 We polished off the meal dipping fruit, cake and rice krispie treats in chocolate fondue.  That was delicious.  I was super stuffed and waddled out to the car afterwards. 
It was a lot of fun, but that will probably do it for the Melting Pot. 
Timm left for Lamar the next morning so it was a nice night to hang out with him.  Then we came home and got him all packed.  There is something fundamentally wrong with packing your husband to go away from your family.  But I hope it is an experience he treasures and is able to propel him into a job he will love here in the valley. 
After a bit of a tearful send off, the boys and I headed to church.  It was a long day for me there.  After church I had a couple of meetings so I was at the church from 9am to 3:30.  About 4:45 I went to visit a sister.  She was having a rough day and I didn't get home from there until 10:30.  It was a super long day, but it definitely allowed me to lose myself in service so I wasn't feeling sorry for myself that my husband is working in another state and tomorrow I was turning 40.  It ended up a good day.
Photobucket

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help