Thursday, November 10, 2011

Halloween 2011

As with all things, Halloween has changed as the boys have gotten older. (I am suspecting you might be noticing a trend cuz I say that at every holiday/milestone anymore.) We still decorate - although not as elaborate. Trevor was a little disappointed with our outside decorations. I didn't put up lights. (too much work!) But It was fun
 Note one thing missing...Pumpkins.  Oh, we had them.  for three weeks prior to Halloween.
 Nope the Javelinas didn't get them as some suspected - I am pretty sure someone swiped them.  Oh well, enjoy the rotting pumpkins (after all, they had been out in the sun for 3 weeks and were getting a bit soft.)  No pumpkin guts covering my hands or my kitchen...It's all good from where I sit.
I found out from a cute RS sister, Rebecca, that to get awesome deals on produce, you price match at Walmart with a couple of  stores that are in Phoenix, but not in Anthem - namely, Food City (http://myfoodcity.com) and Pros Ranch (http://prosranch.com ).  They both have screaming good deals on produce.  This week they had Gala apples 3 lbs for $.99 - I am normally stoked to get them for $.99/lb!  So I bought muchas apples 
 Carmeled apples... I thought that would be a great thing to take to some neighbors for a Halloween treat.  So The Friday night prior to Halloween, I made homemade Carmel (which was delicious!!!!) and dipped 12 apples in it.
 Then I took 6 of those apples and attempted to recreate Timm's favorite Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory treat - carmeled apples dipped in white chocolate with graham cracker crumbs!  They were delicious.
 Unfortunately too delicious - none of the 12 apples got taken to anyone.  Timm enjoyed his special treat too much (ok, we all did) and we ate the entire dozen!  I guess it's fruit so it's healthy, right?  Note to self, I am going to have to make those again.  This time, dip all 12 in white chocolate!
On Saturday, we had the ward trunk or treat - which only Trev and I went to, and this year, neither of us dressed up - I know, we are super lame, but I just didn't get into it this year.  Taylor had a Halloween "gig" and said he needed to go in costume.  Despite countless suggestions, he was determined to wear a cardboard box...(don't ask me why)  He was a "robot" but he didn't decorate the boxes, other than to cut holes and put in glow stick antennas.  He looked like this... and he was pleased as punch!
 Here is him at the "gig" playing guitar as a robot.
 Here he is singing (or screaming) as a Robot.
 I am guessing he is arm wrestling here...I stole these pictures from Facebook.  Obviously, I wasn't there.
 Here's a frontal shot.  Apparently it was a hit... The bar must be set very low.
 I asked him if he was Supposed to be Kevin James from Grown Ups in this one, but he said Nah, Bucket head... I don't know who that is, but I knew he would get tired of wearing a box all night!
 Here is a fuzzy one of him singing - as a robot.
 Fast Forward to Halloween night - no one had costumes and I wasn't sure of their plans.  As it turns out, they all had plans. 
 This Amigo went out with his girlfriend. (he didn't actually wear the hat until he came back...)
 Tanner went to his friends house.  They walked around and then went to play video games. 
 When he came home, he became scary Computer-face man.  He has a dang computer as a face.  Please, just give him some candy. (imagine that said in my best Adam Sandler voice.)
 Trevor had plans to go trick or treat with his friend.  He was bound and determined to print out  a meme mask (I think that's what he called it.) 
 This is him after I picked him up with his bag full of candy.
We had a ton of trick or treaters.  More in the 14-17 age range than little kids.  Some in costume, some very bold, kinda rude ones in normal clothes with a back pack to gather candy (one on his cell phone, just turned around and pointed to the back pack indicating I should put candy in) 
Happy Halloween to all... and to all a good night!
Photobucket

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help