When we lived in Tucson, after a good rain, I would take the boys, then all under 10 years old, on a side road (that wasn't paved) and we would go through huge puddles and the splash would cover the whole car. It was a favorite pastime of ours. Timm would get so mad cuz our car would be filthy!!!
So on our way to church on rainy days, we find huge puddles. We went through a giant one the last time there was a storm. Huge Bust!!! However....my friend Ginger was closer behind me than I thought and it totally doused their mini van. (sheepish grin.)
Today as we were driving I noticed Mary Killebrew was behind me. I tried to get some distance, but she kept closing in. so when I saw the huge puddle, against my boys best efforts, I didn't go through it. However, as we slowed down at the turn to the church parking lot, there was a big puddle, so we busted that sucker!!! OK, it was at a relatively slow speed, but still quite a splash. It felt GREAT!!! I hope it didn't get Mary!
I am so grateful for rain (we really need it), huge puddles, and cute boys that get super excited when mom gets redneck! and yes, my car is filthy!!!!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment