skip to main |
skip to sidebar
As with most of you who ever read this, I am grateful for opportunities to serve others. There are plenty around - within my family, my neighborhood, my community, my ward, my job and really my entire world. I am grateful for the joy I get. If any of you are "Friends" fan, there is an episode where Phoebe and Joey discuss if there is really any true selfless deed, because of the great feeling you get when you to nice things for others. It's a good one - check it out if you haven't seen it. It is truly a wonderful experience to lose yourself in service and be filled with the true love of Christ. Charity brings such a euphoric feeling. .
I have also learned to be grateful for the other side of service. Sometimes serving others can unviel the lessor side of humanity. While it stings, it gives us a wonderful opportunity to better know our Savior, Jesus Christ. At times he was rejected, misunderstood and taken advantage of, but he continued to love without hesitation. My testimony that he is my Savior soars as I better understand the sacrifices he made - many times unappreciated. With a broken heart, he continued to love and serve.
I will strive to live a life with Charity.
0 comments:
Post a Comment