Friday, July 29, 2011

Vacation - Sunday & Trip back Monday

Well, we had just a great time in Utah.  As always, it went to fast and we didn't get to spend as much time with everyone that we would have liked to.  We pack in the fun.  It sure is fun to be with family and experience the laughs and silliness that you can only share with those that close to you.  We sure are grateful for everyone and their love and hospitality.  We ate well, slept minimally (too much fun) and had a blast.  We love you tons.
Here is dad and Tyrus in their matching sun shaded hats - note - he didn't wear this to breakfast at Warren's on Monday morning!
 
 
While is is always a blast to go, it is always nice to come home too - especially since Timm didn't go with us.  This ride home was nice.  Not a lot of attitude that sometimes occurs when we are returning on minimal sleep.
Tay drove from Kanab home.  He was dead set to conquer his fears (see below - between Page and the Gap) and he killed it.
He was pretty stoked.
Here was Trev, drifting in and out of sleep beneath the lacrosse sticks.
Tanner doing his normal hide from the camera.
I almost caught him.
As we were rolling down the road, the YellowCard CD blasting, singing at the top of our lungs, I just relished in what fantastic boys I have.  I don't give them enough credit a lot.  I love them more than anything in this world.
As I was singing a song called, "do you remember when", it hit me that I probably only have 3 or 4 more trips like this with all of my boys together.  Yes, my eyes filled with tears so I grabbed my sunglasses, not wanting to ruin the fun moment we were all having. (I am sure I fooled no one, as I had to continually wipe my nose for the next 25 minutes.)  It is cliche and I know I say it all the time, but wow, time really does fly.  They grow up so fast.  In a blink of an eye they are these big strong (sometimes smelly) boys, that are climbing the ladder to jump off the high dive to their own grown up lives.  It is exciting and terrifying and heartbreaking and heart warming, all at the same time.
As I tried to talk myself out of tears (much like I am right now), I decided I need to live more in the now with them.  Appreciate more what they are doing and who they are now (don't ruin a great sing-a-long with girly tears!)  and don't worry so much about how limited my time is with them.  Love them while they are in my arms, as I will continue to love them when I send them off into the big world (all too soon!).
So here's to many more sing-a-longs and fun with my favorite guys!  I love ya!
Photobucket

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help