Friday, July 29, 2011

BYU LAX Camp 2011

Last February, when I got my bonus, I told Timm, I would really like to send the guys to LAX camp at BYU.  Not that BYU has a stellar team (they are a club team - although I did just learn they are ranked 2 in their league), but I just wanted them to have that experience.  So we talked with the Gregoires, and Michael decided to go.  He in turn talked to Brian Duncan (who isn't LDS but decided it would be fun to go too) and on July 18th, We checked them in and dropped them off at the dorms.
 
Trev REALLY wanted to go, but I decided 12 was too young to stay in the dorms (and I couldn't afford 3x the tuition - I couldn't really even afford 2, but we made it happen.)
They were there Mon-thurs.  I got a few whiny texts during the week - they worked them hard which was good.  And there were a couple of injuries - Tay needs to learn how to absorb a hit or these knocks to the head are going to do permanent damage.  But they love it and had a great time playing the sport they really are growing to love.
on Thursday, they had a scrimmage tournament.  My mom, Emilee, Scott, Denice, Kyler, Tyrus, Tenley, Taesyn and eventually my Dad and I went to watch.  We missed much of the games, but we got to see Tanner a bit. 
Taylor and Tanner seemed very very excited that a full Entourage had come to support them.  And we all got $1 BYU lacrosse shirts (that say camp 2009 - but who cares!).  Here are some pictures of the fun time.
Here is Tanner scrimmaging
Tanner and Michael
Tay on the sidelines, since the trainers wouldn't let him play because he took a knock to the head.
Tay and Grandma Vicki
My brother Scott, Tay and Grandma Vicki
Tanner gettin' it done
Michael defending the goal
Go Tann
Lookin' good Michael
Michael post game
Tanner post game
Waiting to go home
Scott and Tay huggin' it out
Hopefully next year they will get to go back.  Stronger, wiser and more skillful, and with a little brother along for the ride.
Photobucket

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help