Friday, January 8, 2010

Pieces of "Art"


So these lovely "artifacts" were made by two of my boys during their Art class at school a few years back.  Lovely as they are, they have sat in my cupboard the past few years collecting dust.  And quite honestly, they take up a lot of room, as they don't stack well.  So Wed., I was putting our Christmas dishes away for the year and came upon these beauties. 
OK - Don't think I am a cold, heartless, @*#%&, but these did not hold any sentimental value for me, and given the above reasons, I tossed them in the garbage.
Trevor, however, came home from school and actually went to throw something away (a miracle in itself as he generally leaves garbage on the counter) and said, "Hey, there are cups in here.  These are our good cups that we made.  Who threw them away?"  To which I replied, "I must have been Dad!" :)
So needless to say, these beautiful pieces have been washed and have once again claimed their (apparent) eternal glory spot in my cupboard. 
The moral of this tale - When disposing of unwanted items, put them in a bag, or bury them in the big garbage bin or they will end up back in your house!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I know what you mean. I went through the toys to take to DI. I have to put them in a black plastic garbage bag so they don't see the toys through the bag. If I leave them downstairs until I get them to DI they evetually make their way back to their rooms.

Karen and Joe said...

LOL!!! doh! got caught! ;)

Summers said...

Is he related to Dave Madsen??? I would think you would've already learned this life lesson after the many times of moving and and cleaning out rooms only to find things from the garbage in Dads car!!

My favorite Site for Primary Help