Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Day 2009

Here is Christmas morning at the Dixon house.  It began around 7:30 am - not too bad compared to some years.  Tanner & Trevor were both stoked to see what they got.  Jake....not so much.  He was kind of a butt until he woke up - wouldn't look at his presents or stocking.  Just sat on the couch and sulked.  But once he woke up, he was much better!
Trevor got a longboard (a longer wider skateboard) and Wii Resort from Santa.  I don't think he has actually walked down the hallway since.  He is always on that board.  They have spent a great deal of time playing each other in swordfighting, basketball and ping pong on Wii Resort. 
Tanner got all of his Lacrosse equipment (he actually got it all before Christmas, but is was pretty pricey, so it had to count as some of his Christmas booty!)  Santa also brought him Deer Hunter for Wii, a bike helmet and church pants (they all were "thrilled" by their church pants- NOT!)
Jake picked out a loop pedal for his electric guitar for Santa to bring him.  It was pretty pricey so he only got that, some headphones (hopefully to use with the electric guitar), and church clothes (The church clothes greatly aggrivated him!)
Thanks Grandmpa Woody and Grandma Sue for Harry Potter.  It is one of our favorites (how'd you know?)  Thanks Grandpa Dave and Grandma Vicki for the awesome marshmallow shooters, cool beanies and guitar stuff! Thanks for the pancake mix and the Chocolate with attached goodies - Timm and I really enjoyed both! 
Timm & I decided not to get each other presents this year (we were going to look after Christmas!)  So we had only a couple of presents under the tree for us.  Trevor felt bad about that and since we didn't take him shopping for us, he remedied that himself.  We had two presents from him - one was a box with many of our perfumes from our bathroom in it.  The best part was the message written on the top of that present - "to help your holidays smell wonderful"  The second gift from him was a CD of songs I had burned for myself and a necklace from my drawer.  Timm and I giggled about those, but bless his soft heart for caring so much about us!
It was a good Christmas.  I worried that the boys would think it was sparse, but they seemed to have a good time.  I always find Christmas day a little boring after all of the morning hoopla is done.  This year was no exception.  While the boys all played their games and guitar, I put on my headphones and watched the DVD of the Forgotten Carols that my Mom & sisters sent me (since they go without me each year!) I hadn't seen it before - it was very good - I cried (of course).
We had a wonderful Christmas.  We were very blessed.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Christmas Morning
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

Here are some videos if you would like to see more....
http://qik.com/video/4103994  - Tanner & Trevor opening their video games.
http://qik.com/video/4104016 - Trevor opening his long board. Tanner opening his bike helmet (wha, whah)
http://qik.com/video/4104286 - Jake finally opening his present

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help