Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Last Football Game of the Season! 10/28/2009


So the football season came to end...And although it was a Win, for me it was a disappointing end.  The Jags led the last game the entire time, most of the time by a 2+ touchdown margin.  At one point, the other team was within 6, but that was the closest they ever came.  However, even though we had a substantial lead, the first string RARELY CAME OUT!  With a score of 50-30 with 5+ minutes left in the 4th quarter, the subs/scrubs never saw any playing time.  The game ended 50-30.  I thought that was a missed opportunity to let all of our boys end the season in a positive way, feeling they got to contribute to the win and also to teach sportsmanship by showing there is grace in pulling out the all stars (and they were very good players) when you have a substantial lead.
As a rule, unless my child is endangered, I don't air my issues to coaches. I only curse under my breath and vent to my family.   As I saw our coaches sending their stars back on the field with a 20 point lead in the 4th quarter, I muttered to myself, "you've got to be @%!$-ing me!" only to look up and see the Young Men's 2nd Counselor coming up the stairs to talk to me....That will teach me to watch my mouth!
Even with my displeasure at some of the coaching decisions, football was a great way for Jake to start high school.  It allowed him to get to know a lot of kids outside of his immediate circle and he made a lot of friends.  And even though it brought out the mama bear in me, I am grateful for this experience for him.  Way to go Tay.  You continued to play hard and have a positive attitude.  We are proud of our little Jag! 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: the last game 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help