
Bill Murray said it in Groundhog Day...and I totally get where he's coming from. As I have gotten older, I have developed a very low tolerance for morons.(not be be confused for Mormons - I tolerate LDS people just fine - unless their are also morons!) Although, I guess my moron tolerance wasn't very high in high school either. But now, I figure I am dealing with adults (for the most part) and I measure them against a taller idiot-stick.
Case in point - a few weeks ago I sent a client an electronic W-9 form. I.e. a blank form which she likely saved to her computer somewhere. Today she called to tell me they will need me to send another form, as they need to complete two w-9s. GET ON THE BUS!!!!! (scariest part of that - this was a government worker!)
For you who are scratching your heads wondering what I am talking about, she has the original blank form in electronic form or she could type over the form and "save as" to do a second form. It's not like I gave them a paper form to fill out and they didn't keep a blank original to copy. (and if I had to explain this to you...you may need to make your reservation on the bus too!)
I must be delivery route for the Moron bus today - cuz I had another encounter as well. I have been assigned to work on a commercial card project from the debit card group I have been working in - so I will have to hand off my clients to other people within the debit card group soon. One of our sales people called today and said she heard I was changing roles. She was concerned that it would upset our clients and she thought it might help if we could transition to another person in my group who is also named Tracey. She thought having the same name might help soften the blow....ARE YA KIDDING ME? If that is truely a concern, why don't we just tell the client that everyone supporting them is named Traci - regardless of their name. Everything we do is virtual (over phone and Internet) so will they even know the difference? Using her logic, I don't know how school kids can function getting a new teacher every year. They should name them all the same to help soften the blow of changing classes. For that matter, every box boy, cashier, or waiter should have the same name on their tags, so as not to upset customers. Yep - that's the moron who is stirring up business for us.....I'm sure she's very comfortable on the bus!
It's probably a good thing that I work in a virtual office so that people cannot see my face and reactions when "moron-isms" present themselves. My intolerance is very evident. 
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Morons, your bus is leaving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
LOL! I love it, i mean i hate dealing with morons too! hahaha
LAUGHING!! So dang funny and sad all at the same time!!!
I love you!! You are freakin hilarious!! Hope you can come up soon to check out us morons in Utah!!!!
Post a Comment