Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April Fools

So I love April fools day. Nerdy, I know. But it's fun. For the past 7 years or so, I have made meatloaf cupcakes or cake with mashed potato frosting. But this year I decided to do something different. But what?
I couldn't decide on what to do. I was at the grocery store the night before and grabbed some random gross stuff that I thought I could use (anchovies and corned beef- no idea what I would do with it but they both looked disgusting.)
So April first rolled around. I was tired. No plan in place. I started work and was checking Facebook on my home computer. Jackpot. Jake was still logged in. So I had some fun. I changed his name to Taylor, uploaded his baby picture for his profile pic, deleted any nasty word he or anyone else had posted on his page and added a few friends. There is one lingering change I made that he didn't notice or change. Some time when you're bored check out his "about me". It's nice to see a boy who loves his mom!

When the guys came hone from school I still lacked a fools plan. Trevor asked, "tad you doing something to us? What about making 'the cupcakes'?". So I decided I better make the cupcakes.
I went to the grocery store again and got stuff for meatloaf cupcakes and, for a new twist this year, real cupcakes. Yes, I intermixed the real and faux cakes.  I added food coloring and oats to the real cupcakes, as the guys would be expecting meatloaf cupcakes now.  Genius! Except for the fact that you could totally tell. You just can't get mashed potatoes to be the consistency as icing.

But lucky for me my boys don't pay that close of attention. Both Timm and Tanner grabbed a real cupcake thinking it would be meatloaf and were taken aback on the first bite. Hehehe!  I felt like and evil genius.
ps - I still have a package of anchovies and cornbeef lunch meat.  I guess in case of an emergency we are prepared. hahaha

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help