Thursday, February 3, 2011

Was a deal Brokered between the Miser brothers?

Certainly you are all familiar with the Miser brothers.  Snow miser controls the north.  Heat miser controls the south.  They sing and dance in convulsive clay-mation delight on "The Year without a Santa Claus".
Well I think that Mrs. Claus, Jingle or Jangle must have asked them for another favor because I am telling you, this is not a normal Arizona February.  
I know if you are in Idaho, you experiencing the subzero temps and wind.  If you are Utah, it is super cold.  The midwest is buried under 2 feet of snow massively drifted by gale force winds and I think the east coast has had more snow days than ever before this year...You live in areas under the control of the spindly, chilled-out, snow miser.
BUT, it is unseasonable cold here in Arizona too.  Not Snow miser territory cold.  But very cold for an area that should be controlled by that portly rascal (but skilled dancer) Heat miser.
Last night, Tanner and Trevor had a lacrosse game.  it was 35 degrees at 5:30.  I know, boo hoo you snow-miser-lings say.  But It was in the high 70s this weekend.  So yes, that is quite a swing.  That game was miserable.  it was windy and cold.  The poor kids...   It was a game where you cheer more for the clock to hurry than anything else. (we lost which didn't help.)
This morning it was still chilly.  In fact, Tanner looked out at our pool and thought he saw ice.  So he went to take a closer look and sure enough, it was frozen over. 
 This is a piece he broke up in the hot tub.  Notice it is nearly an inch thick.  The scary part was, he broke it all up at 8am and then I checked it around 3pm and it had refrozen - although not as thick.
 The pool had frozen also, but only about 1/8 inch thick.  It was crazy. Tanner was able to slide a rock all the way across the pool.
It actually froze because our filter is broken so it isn't circulating.  Had it been circulating, it never would have frozen.  The pool guy came to install our new filter pump and was dying.  That was the first time he had ever seen ice like that in an Arizona pool.
I migrated south to get out of the cold!
Thank heavens we are on our way up and by Sunday we should be back in the 70s.  
Photobucket

1 comments:

Summers said...

Shiza!! That crazy snow miser has us all up in arms!! You're hilarious!!

My favorite Site for Primary Help