Trimming the Tree
For quite a few years, the bulk of the Christmas decorating fell to be (and Trev). Timm was often gone on basketball trips right after Thanksgiving and Tay and Tanner were just not that into it. But this year, Timm actually suggested everyone come down to decorate the tree. And it was fun! And the tree was lovely! (I fought my instinct to "fix" the spots where all balls were the same color, at least until the next day!)
Decorating our Gingerbread House
The next family Christmas fun came in the form of gingerbread house making, while listening to the First Presidency's Christmas devotional (I snuck that one in the background while we were putting together the gingerbread house.) I grabbed a little kit from Walgreens, so it was really just assembling and decorating. It was also fun. The finished product didn't last very long as the "candy pick" started soon after the house was completed. by a week or two before Christmas, it was a sad little half-eaten shack, with only the yucky candy still attached.
The BCHS Advanced Guitar Recital
I felt bad, because I actually missed this one. I was in SLC for work (at the exact time, I was likely at dinner with my girlies!) He said it didn't go too well. But I am sure it was better than he thought. I was sorry I missed it.
The Anthem 6th grade Choir Recital
Trevor was in Choir. That had a little concert of Christmas songs (which was interesting, as in Tucson, they couldn't do a Christmas concert - it had to be a holiday concert and cover all December holidays!) He wasn't thrilled with doing it, but it was nice.
These are some of my cute Achievement Day girls who are also 6th graders at Anthem. Holly, Keziah & Madison.









0 comments:
Post a Comment