Today I am grateful for sleep. Yes. I am old, I know. But wow, do I treasure/need/demand my sleep any more. I see all of these young moms who work or craft or something late into the night... early into the morning sometimes and I don't know how they can function the next day. I know there was a time when I could get up several times in the night with kids, or stay up late working on a scrapbook or something, and be none the worse for the wear the next day. But let me tell you, that ship has SAILED! In the past month there have been 2-3 nights when I either had deadlines that I had to meet for work or I just couldn't get to sleep and it was early into the morning before I drifted off into peaceful slumber. and I paid deeply for those nights! I as ornery (more than usual... Tanner would've told you I am always ornery!), spacey (spacier than usual..) and at one point, downright nauseated I don't do well on too little sleep. So I am very thankful that most nights, I am able to have a deep restful slumber!
Now if I can only get better at getting up and moving in the morning!



0 comments:
Post a Comment