When we lived in Tucson, Timm's favorite place to go on a date night was Sushihama, an all you can eat sushi joint. (Who knew there were Japanese in a nearly-Mexican border town?) I am not a sushi fan. I can handle the California rolls, or things with crab, but nothing with raw fish. (I don't even like cooked fish!) I always had my teriyaki chicken and it was a fun night out.
Since we moved to Anthem, 4 and a half years ago, we've done Sushi "by the piece" at a local Japanese restaurant called Ebisu (Yes it is more pricey, albeit likely better quality sushi) or we get it at Fry's grocery store (they have a Japanese woman who makes it there, so it must be good, right?).
Anyway, Friday night Timm said, "are we going out?" We were both on the fence...Ok, we were lazy and didn't really know if we were motivated enough to get ready and go out. There, our secrets are all out on the table now. We are too lazy and comfy in front of the TV to get too excited about date night.
Any hoo, he found this all you could eat sushi place online and decided we should go. And since Jake (aka, Taylor-son) loves sushi too, we elected to make it a family date night. So it was off of Dunlap, towards 19th avenue. If you have ever been in that area, you know, it is not the nicest, nor does it look the safest. Sushi Q was located in a grimey strip mall, right next to the liquor store, which was seeing a lot of action that Friday night, from a very diverse (and some might say intimidating) clientele. But we cautiously made our way past that action and into the Japanese mecca, which was Sushi Q.
We had a fun time using chop sticks and being silly. Since I had just done an achievement days on manners the night before, my boys learned a lot about manners in a more "formal" dining atmosphere (they loved that...Not!), Timm and Taylor-son did a number on a boatload of sushi, and while they were waiting for their next round, Trevor, Tanner and I attacked a plate of fried ice cream, piranha-style. Gone in 60 seconds!
It was a fun date night with the boys!
![]() |
| Make your own free slideshow design |



1 comments:
That looked way fun! I am with you though- sushi-nodushi!!
Post a Comment