So this week is simply put, DRAINING....
We were told by our pool guy that we needed to drain our pool and get new filters because the water is old and cannot be properly conditioned anymore...Whatever, it's not even mossy yet. Isn't that the indicator? So we ordered some filters online (hopefully they fit because they were significantly lower than the price we were quoted by the pool guy!) and this morning Tom, of Blue Frog Pools (a really good guy, by the way) came over and started the draining. So that is in process. (chaching!)
On a side note, Trevor keeps asking me if I think he will be able to skateboard in the empty pool...To which I reply a big ABSOLUTELY NOT! This morning he said, "I will leave my skateboard out, just in case." So that is going to be a fun fight.
Next we got the dreaded letter from the HOA that during their routine witch hunt, erg, I mean inspections, they noticed our house (and a zillion others in the neighborhood) needed repainting. So they gave us a year to repaint or be assessed a penalty fee. To be fair, it really does need to be painted. 4 and a half years ago when we were buying this house, we mentioned that to the real estate agent and he told us there was not way the seller was going to pay for it to be painted. So yea, here we are today, paint crews patching and power washing as we fork out our money to get it painted. (chaching!)
Our house is a hotbed of activity today....
Draining water,
Draining bank accounts,
but mostly draining all my energy....
But next week, we will have
A freshly painted beautiful home,
Fresh conditioned water to kick-off the swimming season
And a Fresh attitude!!!!
Now if I could only find a way to have a fresh (and full) bank account....







0 comments:
Post a Comment