Thursday, August 6, 2009

A birthday party without a lot of Bull

OK - so while we have thrown some fun birthday parties in the past, this year Dixon Birthday week (Tanner 8/3, Trevor 8/8 and Timm 8/8) came upon me a little fast and I was ill prepared.
So, since Trevor thought the Buffalo Chip Saloon and Bull riding was cool and he thought that Tanner would like it, we decided to do an last minute party there. Since they only ride bulls Wed. and Fri. and on Friday, it becomes a bit of a Cowboy bar scene, we decided to go on Wed. Aug. 5th.
We threw together an invitation Sunday night. Tanner decided just to call Adam and invite him. Trevor rode his bike to deliver invites to Harley and Talmage. Dane's invite sat on our counter and we decided it was too late to get it to him.
Wed. after spending countless hours at the high school to register Jake, I ran to Walmart to get "party stuff". Due to my lack of planning, and the fact that the guys are "getting on in age", I elected to forego party favor gift bags and instead, I went strictly with food - Boy+Food= good time, right? So I bought ice cream, chips, candy, soda and of course a cake (a last minute cake from Walmart, that had a fisherman on it...Which I thought, wow...I could have made one so much cooler than that, if only I had.. But Tanner and Trev liked it, so that is what matters.)
After a bit of confusion, we gathered everyone and set off to Cave Creek for a little bull riding. We ate fries and chicken strips, drank soda and watched some bull riding. After that, we trucked back to Anthem for cake, ice cream and junk food galore. We had two partiers that spent the night with us. At 3:30 am, Tanner and Adam were still awake...so it serves them right that Trevor and Harley woke them up around 8:30. (Revenge is sweet)
Hopefully everyone had a good time, and after they come down from the sugar high, and take a long nap they will all have great memories to tell me.

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Happy Birthday -No Bull!
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help