I LOVE April Fool's Day! (yes, I know I am a kid at heart!) Four years ago, it all started. Only Trevor and Tanner were home that night, so I made Cupcakes for dinner. They totally fell for it and had no idea that it was meatloaf with mashed potatoes. They thought it was HILARIOUS! So for a couple of years, that was our April fools tradition. Then last year, I was up really early (I exercised back then, unlike now) and no one else was awake. I vasolined up everyone's door knobs. I put make up on Timm and Taylor (although they both have pretty dark complexions, so you couldn't really tell, but it made me giggle!)
This year, I was ill prepared. I slept in until the last second before I have to be in my office (which has become customary). But I found I had residual pranks from last year's antics. Trevor kept looking in the mirror and asking me if I put make up on him (which I hadn't), but he was paranoid about it. (He's just pretty!) But I decided I couldn't let the day pass without doing something. So I went to Sonic and got some burger wrappers. I whipped up some sugar cookies using a recipe that makes really fluffy cookies. That paired with a large peppermint patty, coconut with green food coloring on it, and some pudding with food coloring, gave me a pretty realistic looking burger.
I had them packaged and ready when the guys got home from school. They went right to them (as normal - they attack food when they come home!) They dug right in and I had them, right up until the moment that they touched them. Then they were done.
Too bad for them though, as they actually tasted quite good.
If you want to start planning for next year, Check this site out. http://familyfun.go.com/aprilfools/
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
April Fools Day!
Posted by Traci at 5:06 PM
Labels: 2009, April fools, Boys, Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
so funny.....I think you are a pretty cool Mom! I bet the boys checked for makeup all day at school!
Post a Comment