He's pretty cute, right? I think so.
November 8th was his first home game as head coach of
Lamar Community College
Lady Running Lopes
So I found a super cheap ticket to Denver ($95 round trip) and flew in Wed. night. very late- actually very early Thurs. morning so I could watch the game. Timm picked me up at the airport and we spent the night at a nearby hotel before driving the 3 hours Lamar Thursday morning.
He was a little nervous.. :)
I thought he might pass out in the corner before the game started.
But he moved past it and started the game.
Shaking the Howard College Coach's hand before tip off. (Howard College is a D2 college who always has decent team.) It was thought they would likely beat LCC.
Hands in!
LCC led by one at half (29-28)
Time out - you can't see Timm in the middle very well - drawing the plays on the floor in dry erase marker.
Pacing!
It was close all game - made me sooo nervous watching that it's probably a good thing I don't live close enough to go the games.
As they'd sink a shot to go ahead,I would jump to my feet. The Lamartians (as I call them) I'm sure were thinking "who is this stranger wearing a LCC Lopes shirt cheering like an idiot?"
But LCC pulled it out in the end Here is Timm, with the team captains Ellie and Brianne thanking the crowd for coming
Headed to the locker room after the game.
Winning 63-62! WooHoo!
It was super fun to be there. I really had a good time, even sitting solo in the stands and making a fool of myself.
The Game coverage from the local newspaper - the Lamar Ledger
The Game coverage from the local newspaper - the Lamar Ledger
After the game, Timm and Tom and I went to eat.
Friday, I slept in - kinda - actually I woke up at normal time so I could call and get the guys up for school, but I went back to sleep, which was AWESOME!
I took Timm to the school and then hung out at his apartment. Then I went over for the last little bit of practice and met the team - nice girls.
We went to eat later and just hung out - watching a lot of basketball on TV.
Saturday we went to a craft fair and then went to scout some teams at a tournament. Here is the coach in scouting mode.
It was fun to just spend time together and chat and laugh. I really do miss him. Even though it is difficult at times, distance really makes you really appreciate the people you love.
Looking forward to seeing Timm again in 2 weeks at Thanksgiving.
I cannot believe it is Thanksgiving already This year is flying by!

















0 comments:
Post a Comment