Friday, October 12, 2012

Meet Bambi

After the repair estimate on the Land Rover came back at over $19K, the insurance company determined that it was going to be declared a total loss.  So from there, I had to find a new (USED) car.
After much internet research, I decided I liked the Honda Pilots.
So we began the process on Saturday 9/15 with Tanner and I going down to Bell Honda to test drive a Pilot.   They took us to a 2011 Pilot  they had just gotten on trade in.  It was not cleaned up or anything yet, but it was nice.  Tanner really liked it.  But they didn't have a price or anything on it, until they started running numbers on it, to which we said, "that is way out of our range".  They brought on the full court press -  two different "sales Managers" (aka closers), but Tanner and I were able to stand tough and walk away.  We advised them to let us know if they got any later model Pilots in.
We came home and I jumped back out on their website and saw a 2008 for much less - they hadn't shown us that one.  So I called the Internet group to see if they still have it.  They
 did and said come right down to drive it.  So at 8pm Jake and I headed back down.  We went to the Internet group as directed.  We waited, as our contact was not available.  When someone finally helped us they said, "that car is still in the garage getting repairs."  I was like, "why did they tell us that? They told us to come in."  (Jake said I was rude - I was ticked that they were wasting my time.)  The guy had no idea what was going on but said he could get someone to show the car to us.  We said fine and back he came with one of the "sales managers" we had worked with earlier (a total tool!)  First off he started bad mouthing the young sales guy who had helped us earlier - to which I said I thought he had done a good job.  Next he hands us off to another sales guy - who drives us over to the Pilot and let us take a test drive.  When we get over to the garage, we find out it hadn't been started yet.  The bumper had been pulled off when the owner backed out.  The car was locked (and the sales guy didn't have keys) so all we got to do was look at it from the outside.  Total waste of our time.
Different sales people from Bell Honda continued to call me everyday, acting as if it was the first time they spoke with me.  Not Impressive.  They had a big tent sale event that Thurs and told us they would have a big selection of Pilots so to be sure to come.  In the mean time, Trevor and I traveled way South to Chandler to test drive another 2008 - pretty high miles.  It was nice, but higher priced than I really wanted. So I decided to wait and go to the tent sale.
So Thursday came around, Jake and I spent 3 hours at a tent sale with the nicest sales guy.  There was only one Pilot and it was relatively new (and expensive).  We came close on an Armada, but someone beat us to it (which was fine - we didn't LOVE it).  So we felt bad that the nice sales guy had spent so much time with us without a sale, but we moved on.
I had seen a 2011 Kia Sorento online at Bill Luke Chrystler Jeep.  We had a Sorento rental car and kinda liked it.  I wasn't sure on the whole Kia thing, but it only had 28K miles on it and it was still under warranty.  we went and drove it.  The sales guy was super nice and super low pressure (which I appreciated).  I told him I needed to talk it over with my husband and he said no problem, he would call me the next day.
I sent Timm the link - he said it looked good.  Jake was all for it.  So the next day, we went back in and bought it.
I have affectionately named it Bambi - after the deer that helped finance it.  It is not a high-end model and as such it is missing some of the conveniences we enjoyed with the Land Rover (i.e. leather seats, auto-turn off lights, multi-disk CD changer, Back up beep).  But I like it.  Hopefully my concerns about Kia are proven wrong and we don't have issues with it.
But for now, this is how I roll...!


 Trevor made the bendable skeleton at walmart dance Gangnam style! LOL

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help