The beauty of Dixon Birthday week is I can capitalize on decorations that were put up for Tanner's Birthday to minimize some of the effort for the other birthdays.
Then I remembered this cool thing on Pinterest (of course) where they put a wall of balloons up and then when the birthday boy opens the door the balloons fall on him. So I decided to do that too.
Here is my primo-balloon wall effort.
As Tanner got his cool soda cake, I figured I better do the same for Trevor.
This is his cola cake.
Using the same signs... :) Here was his birthday morning scene
Here he is coming out of his room
unfortunately the crepe paper web, held up the balloon wall. so it didn't have the effect I was looking for.
But oh well.
you can tell he seemed really "thrilled" with it... Gotta love 14 year old non-enthusiasm.
Here he is opening his present - I asked Tanner, "Do you think we should wait until tonight to give Trev his present?" He said "no. now is good." - he knew what it was.
a year's membership to X-box live and a headset/controller set.
amazingly enough, he was looking to see what else is in there....
That night we went to Dave and Busters for some gaming fun. Our first game was Arctic Thunder a longtime favorite of Trev and I.
The Boys played a lot of shooting games.Trev tried out some games where you score a lot of tickets
This is Timm's favorite Submarine game. Side note on this one. Taylor played it later and earned like 1500 tickets.
Guitar Hero
Tanner practicing his driving.
Trev in this Bubble - I guess he was some kind of robot fighter - not sure.
We ended up with like 2700 tickets - they got headphones and tons of candy.
Afterwards, Trev and Tann went into GameStop to look around. I was actually able to get a picture of them - which means they were in good moods. Photographic evidence to prove it - which is good because sometimes them in a good mood is as elusive as big foot.
Trevor wanted an ice cream cake (and also a German Chocolate cake - but we saved that until Timm came home.)
I went all out... NOT. This is an ice cream sandwich cake - but I will say, it was pretty delish. a layer of whip cream, then a layer of chocolate chip ice cream bars, another layer of whip cream, some choc sauce and then repeat. Iced in whip cream with cookies and cream "dots". It was pretty good.
Happy Birthday little buddy!


















0 comments:
Post a Comment