Tuesday, February 28, 2012

6-2 and 80 Degrees

I am getting a decent base to my lacrosse tan going.  It was 80 degrees this weekend.  BEAUTIFUL!  Also, since I have to get the Man to the fields about 45 mins. early, I have been trying to use that time to power walk, listening to my 80's play list.  It's not much, but it's a start!
But I digress from the real story.  We lost our first game on Sat.  It had been close all game, but in the end, the other team pulled out two late game points.  They played a little off - seemed to lack the cutting edge they usually have.  But no big deal.
 
The next game, they beat the Scottsdale team soundly.  I was very disappointed at the teams and league this week.  There was attitude and language from the players and the coaches (our team included).  Two of our players were ejected in the last 5 seconds of the game for fighting (as apparently their team had made some very disparaging comments) and their team used some very harsh language (especially for 12-13 year olds) and followed their game ending cheer of "1,2,3, Predators" with an "@#$% You!" shout!  Classy... Not.  I find it very upsetting.  I am hopeful the coaches and league won't tolerate that and I was happy that many of the parents who heard it let the kids know that was not acceptable.
Photobucket

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help