Wednesday, December 28, 2011

CRAZINESS!!!!

This needed to be my motto for this season.  Because I swear to you, it was straight up CRAZY! Tons of church stuff, along with boys activites and "holiday cheer".  It seemed like we were in a constant cycle of plan, prepare, execute, reload....
A few of the fun, but crazy events...
Relief Society "Favorites" Christmas Party
The Open House (you've heard enough of that one)
District Missionary Luncheon (Ham, rolls, salad, funeral potatoes and cupcakes)
I actually ran into a nephew of one of my high school buddies (Elder Labrum).  Such a small world.
    Fall Lacrosse games
    SMCC basketball games
    Band Concerts
    Guitar concerts
    Ward Christmas Party (Cook ham & Make Funeral Potatoes)
    Once we finished the ward Christmas party, it was time to concentrate on Christmas gifts and treats.
For FHE We made 13 plates of these babies for the YM leaders (since we span all 3 quorums)!  We loaded the boys and the treats up and headed out (yes, it was begrudgingly!)  It was hilarious to watch Tanner ding dong ditch and then come tearing back to the car as fast as he could.  I couldn't help but giggle as I wondered if he was going to be able to stop or smash right into the side of the car.  After about 8 houses, they were done.  After that, it wasn't very pleasant.
Here's a picture of the lunacy that was our kitchen.  I swear, it was in a constant state of disaster from 12/1 on.
 
I made ornaments for a few of our friends.
 
We recieved the cutest gift this year from Sally. It was a 6 pack of Izze sodas, with a big ribbon around them. The card said, "May your Christmas be {soda}lightful". 
I am totally doing that next year.  This baking and preparing business is highly overrated!  Timm was so over it (as if he had to do any of it!)
With everything going on, I teased with Trevor that if he could wait for January, we could have an awesome Christmas. Apparently he took me serious (probably because there wasn't any presents wrapped under our tree until 3 days prior to Christmas.) because a few days before Christmas he said, "January is the first month right? Then I am ok to wait for Christmas." Sweet guy.  I felt bad.  I need to be careful during my psychotic rants.
But alas, we made it through the rain!  Christmas happened, and even on the right date!
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help