Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter 2011

The secular celebration of Easter changes your kids get older.  No longer are they interested in dyeing or hunting eggs. They really lose most interest in any eggs that aren't either chocolate or scrambled and covered with cheese
But this maturity does have it's benefits:
1) I no longer have the pungent smell of vinegar based egg dyes wafting through my house.  I did boil 8 eggs so we could have potato salad. Trevor decorated them with washable markers. Yes, that says poop on one of them and on another he illustrated the same idea. Each one has one of his brother's name on it. Charming right?

2) I didn't have to worry about salmonella due to eggs being hidden by the bunny and therefore unrefrigerated overnight. These eggs "hid" in the refrigerator until I used them in the potato salad today.
3) no Easter outfits, cute sweater vests or new pastel ties. This kinda makes me sad too because when they were little, I often dressed them in matching or coordinating cute outfits. They looked darling. But on the bright side, it saves me a lot of money.

4) Bunny prep was super easy. Since the boys don't go to sleep until late on saturday nights, Baskets were filled in my room and moved into place on Easter morning while they were still snoozing.
5) shopping was a breeze. I asked for ideas or preferences on basket booty and the consensus was cash or a Walmart gift card. So chocolate/candy shopping was completed in one day and late yesterday afternoon, a quick hit at the ATM had the bunny locked and loaded!
It lacked the excitement and excited energy of Easters past but it did produce a lovely sugar coma that has kept everyone pretty quiet This afternoon (unlike primary today here those girls were so hopped up on sugar that sitting still for 40 minutes was very challenging!)Happy Easter everyone. May you enjoy the treasures each season of life brings you!

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help