Monday, March 15, 2010

Trevor's 2010 Baseball Season - so far

 
My apologies to Trevor. I have not done Trevor justice in chronicling his opening 2 games this season. The first game happened to overlap with my Achievement days meeting (That’s my fun calling in our ward!) So Timm took him. When I finally arrived in the last inning or so, He waived to me to come down to the dugout (which usually means he wants me to buy him a Gatorade or gum from the concession stand). But this time, he took off his hat, and pushed back his long hair (ugh!) to unveil a GIGANTIC goose egg by his eye. He wasn’t paying attention during warm ups and one of the coaches threw him a ball – and he caught it with his face. It looked terrible, but he was fine. And the next day the swelling went down, but the coloring came in.
I had hoped that it taught him not to screw around on the baseball field….
But alas, at his second game (which technically should have been his 3rd, but one got rained out), I was sitting there while his team took the field. He had been playing first but this inning they switched him to right field. So there he was, in right field warming up with another player singing at the TOP of his lungs “Juicy fruit, it’s gonna move ya. Taste so strong it gets right through ya. Juicy fruit, the taste, the taste, the taste is gonna mo-oove ya!” then he goes, "Dude, don't you know this one?  No? Really?  It's from TV."  yes, my heart swelled with pride….That same inning I look out and he is doing some crumping/robot/martial arts move in right field….Seriously. I know right field can be boring, but…come on. So as he trots past me at the end of the inning, he gets, “Stop being a goof out there!” from his loving mom. He responded to my comment at the plate, when he drove a line drive to center and picked up a couple of RBIs. I guess he can be as big a goof as he wants as long as he does the job when it counts.
This is more documentation of Trev being goofy Trev, but this time at home.  He was laying on the couch watching TV and apparently got chilly.  Next thing I knew he was asleep, and he had taken my sweatshirt and put it on like pants.  He slept all night in it.....Seriously  What a goof!!!!
Photobucket

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help