Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Fall of Troy

So for Jake's birthday, he really wanted to go see "Fall of Troy".  They were playing at the Clubhouse Music Venue in Tempe, along with several other bands that I had never heard of.  I wasn't about to let my 15 year old go by himself and Tann and Trev wanted to see them too, so we all went (as a side note, I had no idea that this was basically an all ages venue that looked like a bar without any tables).  Needless to say, I was the oldest one there...and Trev was the youngest.  But Jake had an AWESOME time.  apparently he crowd surfed (which I didn't see - I didn't make him stand right next to his mommy all night - I only made Trevor do that.)  As such, I didn't get any pictures of him.
I stuck out like a sore thumb.  At one point, the lead singer was talking and used some "flowery" explatives.  A woman behind me actually apologized to me for his language. 
Anyway - we stood around listening to punk, metal rock music for like 3 hours.  Jake was in heaven.  I said next time we go to a concert, I want a nice padded stadium seat.  I think venue is everything.  Definately a college scene (most there had the "under 18" markings on their hands.  Would have been a riot when I was 19.

Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Fall of Troy
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help