Thursday, May 14, 2009

the semi-calm before the storm

So as of today there is officially 1 week of school left. Ironically, we have had a semi-calm schedule here. Monday night we didn't have anything (except our 15 minute FHE - in which I managed to actually get the boys to learn and sing "Kindness begins with me." - A bribe to go to Sonic does amazing things!) Tuesday night, Trevor had scouts - which I totally botched. I took him at 7 and picked him up at 8. Little did I know that it was actually scheduled from 6:30-7:30. But here's the kicker...He didn't even call me to see why I wasn't there yet. Trevor and the den leader instead sat in front of said den leader's home for 30 minutes waiting for me. And all the while, I was sitting at home watching the clock and "the Biggest loser" until it was time to pick him up. HOW EMBARRASSING! I was mortified. I apologized profusely and to both the leader and Trevor said, "if I am EVER more than 5 minutes late, PLEASE call me."
Anyway, Wed. night picked up speed. Jake had to be at scouts at 6. Trevor had a "make-up" scout meeting cuz he has missed a lot due to baseball. That started at 6:30 (I double checked even). Tanner had scouts at 7 and then Trevor needed to be picked up at 7:15. So it was a night of "take and wait" (you know, when things are spaced just enough that you have time to come back home, but not really time to do anything in between.) After finally picking Tanner up around 9. I came home and was ready to go to bed. I forgot to mention that Jake and I got up at 5:30 to go to the Grand opening of Krispie Kremes with Candi, Gabby and Michael - it was a delicious, albeit early, fun time. Needless to say, both of us were Onery and spent by 9:30.
But the pace actually picks up significantly from here. Apparently here in AZ, 8th grade promotion (i.e. going from K-8 school to high school) is equivilent to High School Graduation in my day. There are a ton of festivities. Starting with a semi-formal dance sponsored by the high school for all incoming Freshman from all of the feeder schools on Friday. To be honest, Jake seems a little luke-warm about the dance (as he does about everything.) I said, "Are you going?" He said, "I dunno" - which is his response to most things I ask him. Anyway, Candi suggested we take the boys to try to find shirts for the dance. So we are headed out after school. Candi had a daughter, Ariel, who "promoted" from 8th grade last year - Ariel was stoked to pick out a dress and everything for the dance, etc. I am not getting that kind of enthusiasm from Jake. So we will see how long this shopping trip lasts.
Here are the other "bullet points" we have in the next week:
* Shopping to make sure Jake looks his best during the next week.
* Trevor's last "regular season" baseball game tonight at 7:30.
* Tanner has a birthday party at his friend, Adam's house on Friday night. (note to self - buy birthday present for Adam.)
* The big Future Freshman dance.
* CLEAN HOUSE Friday night. (My fun cousin Melissa and her husband are coming to stay Sat.-Tues. for Roger's son's high school graduation.)
* I have a primary baptism at 2 on Sat.
* The End of the Year PTA Swim Party is Sat. at 6:30pm.
* Sunday - the day of rest (except for Primary duties - my 3rd full time job- :)
* Trevor's post season tournament starts Monday - depending on where they land in the team standings. Could be Mon. or Tues. If they win, that will throw a couple more games into the mix (and our schedule)
* Tues. Jake has a big carnival / dinner at Anthem school (casual dress)
* Tues. night my mom is coming down - I am VERY excited.
* Wed. Jake has a half day - Breakfast and yearbook signing.
* Promotion is at 6:30
There is a Disneyland trip for 8th graders - they leave at midnight Wed. and return at 6am on Friday - no hotels, they sleep on the bus. Go to Disney, get back on the bus and drive home. But Jake isn't going - 1) he got in trouble right when the sign-ups were due. So that was punishment, and 2) We did the Disney trip for High school graduation - if you start there, what do you do for actual graduation? RIDICULOUS!
* Thurs. Last day of school for Tanner and Trevor

I am Girding up my loins and hanging on tight...This will be a CRAZY ride!

0 comments:

My favorite Site for Primary Help