so a week and a half ago, I dropped Tay off at football practice and went to Trevor's game across the parking lot. As we were wrapping up the football game, here came Tay and he held up his hand and said "look!" The back of the palm was about 3 inches thick. It seems it got smashed between two helmets. Since it was after urgent care closed, we had him ice it and gave him some Ibuprophen for the swelling. The next day we took him to our family dr's office, where they took some x-rays. They didn't see a break, so they said they were going to send it to the radiologist for review. They said we would hear within a couple days. The put it in a finger splint and ace wrap. That was on a Wed. On Friday at 5pm I got a message that the radiologist found a fracture in the hand just below the knuckle of the index finger. So Monday we got a referal to an Orthopedist. Wed. we finally got in to see him. They cast it and said to come back next week for another x-ray. No problem. Today - 10 days after the original injury. 3 days after the cast was put on, Tay is at football practice (he's been going, but non-contact)and his coach says, "Tomorrow might be our last game. I checked into it and if we wrap up your cast really good, you can play. Call your parents and ask." Gotta be honest, I am not lovin' this scenario. But I don't want to be the overly cautious mom. I said Dad would have to decide. So we shall see.....Here are some pics of the hand and the cast.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ouch I do not look forward to the day My little man gets involved in "boy" sports. Hope it heals quickly!
so what is it about boys and football??? There is a boy on my son's team who has played with a broken arm all season. That seems just plain crazy but according Tyler it's not crazy....."that's just football" He insiists that if I had any brothers, I'd understand. Hmmmm?
Post a Comment