

Tanner earned his Webelos badge and Arrow of Light in Aug. In our ward, they only do Arrow of Light ceremonies a couple times a year - to make them more special. The last one they did, they had a native American Chief come in full "pageant dress" and did a dance and told a tale about the meaning of the Arrow.
So we, Tanner especially, were very excited for his ceremony. We found out on Sunday, that the ceremony was on Tuesday. (thanks for the heads up guys - I had scheduled a trip to California for business, but would have scheduled it another week, had I known.) I missed it, but Timm took Tanner and Trevor. There was one other boy, Brock, receiving his award too.
So Tuesday night came with much anticipation, Tanner and Brock received their awards and a real arrow, (which Tanner was stoked about), but the ceremony was a bust. No Indian dancers, no war cries. Just the Cubmaster handing them an arrow.
None the less - Tann is thrilled with the arrow - it was the first thing out of his mouth when I called him to see how it went.
Friday, September 28, 2007
Tanner's Arrow of Light Ceremony
Posted by Traci at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Way to go Tanner! That is awesome!
Post a Comment